Privacy & Cookie Statement
The Massage Company understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We have a fully paid registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Massage Company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/07/2022
1. What data do we collect?
Depending upon the use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data.
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and company details);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
The statistical data will not be used to identify customers and will not be linked to a customer’s information that has already been disclosed to us.
2. Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online;
- We will not sell or distribute your details to any third parties
- We comply with the Information Commissioner’s Office requirements.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
3. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will comply with any customer’s request to discard their telephone number, e-mail address and postal address, in line with the Information Commissioner’s Office implementation of UK government decisions.
To request this please e-mail us using the form on our website
4. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 2, above.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account.
- Providing and managing your access to our Site.
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site.
- Supplying our services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you).
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Replying to emails from you.
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to be removed from our mailing list);
- Send you vouchers purchased via our website
- Members will have the option to store a preferred bank card for additional membership payments and have access to amend or removed these card details at any time via our online secure encrypted system
- All customers will be required to submit a bank or credit card into our online booking system for the purpose of making an initial booking. They will be able to amend or removed these card details at any time via our online secure encrypted system
- All customers will have digital consultation forms. This gives our therapist team throughout the TMC group access to updated records should you wish to use any of our other centres for your massages, as permitted in our terms and conditions.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message and/or post with information, news and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- We will send you carefully selected offers and updates only relevant to massage therapy services. You may opt out at anytime. This includes first time customers, members and ex members. All details will be archived 12 months after your last interaction with us.
- We will not pass your initial personal registration data outside of the TMC centre you registered with. As such, any offers will solely be limited to this single location. Once you have visited for a massage, your data will be available to view in any TMC centre for the sole purpose of you be able to receive massage therapy in any location (as listed above).
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International Data Transfers
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you in line with the new GDPR Regulations valid 25th May 2018.
Updating Your Information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated
The purpose of our cookies is to make the website function correctly, to personalise the website to your preferences, and to collect information about your visit which will help us improve the website in the future. We never collect information that could identify you, or pass information to any third parties.
You can normally visit this website without identifying who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, cookies are used to store small amounts of information on your computer, which allows certain information from your web browser to be collected. Cookies are widely used on the internet and do not identify the individual using the computer, just the computer being used. Cookies and other similar technology make it easier for you to log on to and use our website during future visits.
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies in your browser or refrain from using the site.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.